Friday, March 25, 2016

Irrigation went well, and everything got a very good drink.  After all of Tom's mowing and weed-eating the water flowed better than ever, and we got more water in the west front than I've ever seen.  Of course I was sleeping soundly when my alarm went off this morning, but since I went to bed at 8:30 last night I feel reasonably well-rested this morning.  

 OH YEAH?

Mr. & Mrs. Mallard arrived for a swim shortly after daybreak this morning.  Sometimes they choose to swim around in the flooded yard, but today they headed right for the nice, clean pool.



In a bit I'll head back over to the guest house to continue sprucing things up for Ken and Betsy's arrival on Sunday. Yesterday I changed the sheets on the bed, swept everything, and got some of the bathroom cleaned before I had to head off to OT.  (Alex did not leave things quite 'guest ready' when he left.)  I'm doing so well (in fact Connie told me to cut back on one of the exercises I had been doing "whenever" throughout the day) that I don't really need to go back except to get measured and find out (officially) how much progress I've made.  



That will happen in 2 weeks.  Of course I can tell I'm progressing (now I can push down on some door handles, and can hold 'heavier' things, etc.) but will be interested to see what my grip actually measures; she didn't measure it yesterday because it was "too soon".  I did use the 2# weight yesterday with no real problems, so afterward I stopped in at Big 5 and got my own to use here at the house.



The only other thing on my agenda today is the gym at 11:00,
so who knows what else I can get accomplished?



No comments:

Post a Comment