Monday, March 7, 2016

Marilyn and Frannie blasted off early this morning (and yes, I got up with them) in case they can't make the 900-mile trip home in one day.  This way they'll be sure to be back in time for Wednesday's dog class.  Tilly was not sorry to see her 'cousin' leave because now she has her total house freedom back.  I've also allowed her back out into the yard today, and have figured out a set up "just in case" she tromps around in the mud in the shade.  She's even got her own chaise in the sun where she likes to spend her mornings, and have set up the other one in the shade for the afternoons.



As long as I was up early this morning I got the label sewn onto my lizard quilt, and also had an epiphany about getting the quilts to the show in Mesa later this month.  Pretty sure some of the ladies are going to do Intake, so I should be able to send my 2 entries along with one of them and save myself a long schlep!  



After finishing the label I did the inside satin stitching on Andy's gift this morning, and think I'm getting the hang of it. At least I'm much happier with today's results than with the satin stitching I did on Marilyn's.



Did I mention that when I went outside yesterday to snap a pic of the mallards they immediately hopped out of the pool and looked like they were leaving?  (You'd think they'd feel safer in the water than out on the deck.)  Anyway, as soon as I went back inside they hopped back into the pool.  No sign of them yet today, and of course it will be interesting to see what Tilly does should they reappear...  at least once she's aware of them.  Between her one blind eye and one deaf ear it could take her a while...



Colleen stopped by to collect my check for Quilt Camp, so now it's official <g> that I'm going. While here she helped me decide between some fabrics, and then even did a little cutting for me.  I'm continuing to make steady progress on Andy's gift, and after lunch may even get more done before it's time for me to head to OT.


No comments:

Post a Comment