Saturday, March 5, 2016

Didn't do much yesterday afternoon except whip up that latest batch of OJ.  (Marilyn has added that to enticements, such as unlimited fresh grapefruit, to visit each winter.  What's a thousand-mile drive?)  She and Frannie had a good day at the dog show, (though sadly they didn't win anything) and were both tired out by the time they arrived home about 4:00.  So then I "helped" them hang out and relax away the rest of the afternoon.  For dinner Marilyn made her taco soup (which really was easy) with a little help from me, and then we relaxed some more.



I got a good night's sleep; surprisingly I didn't crash until 10:30, but then slept until after 6:00. Unfortunately Marilyn had to get up at dark:30 to get everything done in time.  They have 8:00 ring times today ( the short-haired breeds usually go first since they require less brushing and coat care) and again  tomorrow.



I'm hoping to get her birthday gift quilted today before she gets back - and maybe even bound?  



Yesterday was 6 weeks since my hand surgery, and so I removed my splint.  The thumb works great - lots of range of motion, with no pain! The real "issue" seems to be my wrist, which complains some at a certain point when bending it.  But just having the splint off this short amount of time seems to have improved that stiffness.  Of course if I'm going to do anything strenuous (and no idea what that would be....) I'll put the splint back on.  In the meantime, I'm going to go about my day and see how things progress.



Will be interesting to see how OT goes on Monday.  
Maybe they'll take one look at my hand and send me packing?!


Guess I'll get dressed so that when Miss Tilly gets up I can take her for her morning constitutional.



No comments:

Post a Comment