Friday, March 18, 2016

At the gym today I did an upper body workout after I told Jim that the therapist had me do a couple of those exercises on one of their machines on Tuesday.  Of course we started back slowly today and used minimal weight, and also skipped the one exercise that my hand refused.  After a hiatus of two months my arms may be a little sore, but I'm glad to be back at it even if it's on a reduced level.



I stopped at WinCo afterward (nice that it's basically next door to the gym) and picked up some chicken and pesto sauce to try a new recipe for dinner that sounds yummy (and looks incredibly easy!)  I stopped the first employee I saw to ask where the pesto sauce to avoid of running around the entire store looking for it.  



Her name was Harriet, so I mentioned that is Mom's name.  She said she doesn't like her name (she was named for her grandmother) and at 49 rarely finds anyone with that name.  I did mention that my sister (who is 63 today!) had a childhood friend named Harriet, though it's definitely not a common name for our generation.



After lunch I've got errands to run.  First I need to return the dog booties to PetSmart.  While Tilly was not thrilled about me trying to put them on her, she didn't really keep me from doing it.  But I just could not get them on.  Possibly they are too small, but in any event they are not going to work.


Also need to pick up some doggie shampoo.  She's getting a little aromatic; it can't help that she eats Pokey's poop. though that has given me incentive to do Poop Patrol more often. Since our temps are going to be in the 90s it's a good time to see how she likes getting bathed.


I've got a book waiting for me at the library, and thought I'd also browse their DVD section and see what I can find to veg out in front of this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment