Saturday, March 19, 2016

I got a lot done around the house this morning before heading over to Colleen's for Sew Day.  And then I got a lot done there, although (true to form) before I could start I did have to run back home for something. Good thing we live close to each other!


 After that it was reasonably smooth sailing, although my needle did come come loose and fall out at one point (but amazingly didn't break!) and then I ran out of bobbin (right before finishing up a section, naturally.)  


The best news was that I didn't have to piece together my borders; I had about an inch left from my WOF strips. And while my satin stitching (first attempt) leaves a lot to be desired, "at 30 yards on a galloping horse nobody should be able to tell."


Bottom line: the top is done, and 'just' needs to be quilted!



I love how Stephanie's roadrunner turned out, 
and can't wait to see how spectacular it is after she quilts it!



Colleen started quilting her llama today after I snapped this pic.


And her gorgeous flower is going to be even more impressive 
after she does some embellishing.


Yolanda brought her latest project in the line, a pig - 
though (for some unknown reason) I didn't get a picture of it.


So here's someone else's:


Colleen is going to join me for dinner tonight since Ken is also out of town.  I'm grilling salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment