Friday, March 4, 2016

Marilyn and Frannie arrived late morning yesterday, and we relaxed by the pool - and picked grapefruit using the new picker I bought the other day.  Bags and bags of them, so Marilyn should have enough to keep her in grapefruit for some time.  

My grilled salmon was a hit at dinner last night, and Marilyn "thinks" she remembers me making it for her last year.  (Which I did, because it's one of my best meals.)  She actually brought stuff to cook here for a couple of nights (my sister knows me so well!) so it looks like Tom is going to get a break from cooking.



Tilly was less than hospitable toward her 'cousin' (as expected) so we are having to keep the girls separated.  



Of course that is a little more complicated now because the yard is off limits after this "morning's" irrigation.


Frannie is a sweetie, and it would be nice if we could let the girls sort things out.  But neither Marilyn nor I want to risk Tilly actually biting Frannie and giving her a scar, so separation for these few days seems like the easiest way to go.


I did the gates on 35th Ave. at 1:30 am, and didn't fall back asleep until 3:00 - having to get up again at 3:45 to let the water go.  I waffled about taking something to go back to sleep at that point, but I did, and got a few hours of sleep until Tilly got me up (early for her, of course) at 7:30.



Marilyn and Frannie are now getting ready to head off to the fairgrounds for the first day of competition.  


My goal for the day is to make it to the gym at 11:00, and not be too cranky.




No comments:

Post a Comment