Thursday, March 24, 2016

The surgeon was very pleased with my hand, though what I thought was swelling turns out to be an accumulation of fluid.  Apparently that's not too common, though it does occur sometimes and is nothing to worry about.  My options were to have him drain it, give me a cortisone shot, or go the 'wait and see' route and just leave it alone.  I went with the last option since it's not bothering me and he expects it to go away in time.  He told me that he doesn't need to see me again unless I have some issues/problems, which is pretty much what I figured would happen today.  



He also said that I can continue with therapy if I think it's helping me, or stop any time.  Will see how therapy goes this afternoon. 


This was the first time I'd actually seen the surgeon since the surgery back in January, and he was happy to hear how pleased I've been with the entire procedure.



On the way home I stopped to pick up 3 med refills.  One of them had expired so I had gotten a new Rx, and the pharmacy had filled it with the name brand - to the tune of $300!  They're going to redo it with generic, so I get to go back (yet again) to pick up that one at a more reasonable price of only $60. 


 One of the meds I picked up today only cost me $12, yet the paperwork that accompanied it said the "cash price" (meaning without insurance?) would have been over $600!


Tom is feeling better today.  In fact he's been out mowing all morning in preparation for tomorrow morning's irrigation.  The yard definitely needed it, and now looks nice and spiffy for Sunday's company. 


No comments:

Post a Comment