Thursday, March 3, 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed Sharon's bag class yesterday morning at Busy Bees.  


Although I didn't work on one, I just audited and "followed" the directions, taking copious notes so that (when I eventually getting around to making one) I should be able to understand all the steps.  I had hoped to get organized enough to make one using a solid piece of fabric, but my days have been pretty busy and it just didn't happen.  Jan did hers that way; here's her bright and cheery fabric choice:


Louise, also taking the shortcut and using a solid piece of fabric, had misread the directions and already made her cutouts 4" on each side (instead of 2" on each, for a total of 4"), so her bag turned out 2" shorter - and much wider.



Grace pieced together some strip scraps, and then instead of a flower made a bow tie.  LOVE IT!



Joni's bag:



Another finished bag


and Betsy's was nearly finished.



Sharon also gave a demo on how to make a hidden zippered pocket in the lining (not in the original pattern), which seemed a tad complicated but possibly do-able... especially if I were to get help at that point.  However, with everything going on (and trying to help the ladies at various points in their construction) Sharon accidentally put her zipper on the wrong side and had to redo it.  Those of us at the bottom of the class always find it encouraging to see that even the pros <g> make mistakes sometimes!



I had hoped to make it back home in time to see Alex before he left for the airport, but apparently just missed him; Tom said the dust in the driveway had barely settled.  



Not sure when he'll be back - his schedule, always hectic, changes constantly. And of course even if he does make it home he sure won't be here long before he's off again to another event.  So we'll basically just wave at him as he flits by.  


Of course once the bus tour starts up again he'll be gone a long time.  



I'm hoping he's still going to be working the Country Thunder concert in April - and can get me tickets.  I've always wanted to go, but Florence is definitely a schlep - and tickets are expensive!


I made a trip to the grocery store yesterday (I'm cooking tonight) and did a few things to get ready for Marilyn's arrival.  Not sure how far she and Frannie got yesterday since she didn't call last night.  No doubt she was so tired after the long drive that she fell asleep before she could call. So we'll see them whenever they roll in today.  Here's hoping that Tilly behaves herself and is a good host to Frannie!



Last night we watched Inside Out which was pretty entertaining.  



I didn't sleep well last night, and of course tonight won't get much with the horrible Irrigation time.


I'll likely survive - just really need my sleep!  It's kind of like those Snickers commercials, though it's not food I need (and I don't even like Snickers) but a solid 8 hours of ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!


No comments:

Post a Comment