Thursday, March 10, 2016

Another fun day at Foothills yesterday.  We keep adding a member (or two) at each business meeting, so we'll continue to get new ideas for projects and learn from one another.  


And as soon as I put a sleeve on my Flip Flop quilt I can run both of my show entries over to Louise M, who lives nearby; she has graciously agreed to deliver all of our entries to the contact in Sun City who will take them to Intake in Mesa on the 20th.  AND that Sun City woman will pick them up after the show ends and bring them back to our side of town, so we won't have to wait around (for a couple of hours) after the show ends to pick them up.


Janie was back with us yesterday.  She recently lost her husband, and so was the first recipient of our Heart Quilts project.  


We really hope we don't have to pass out many of these, though the bad news just seems to keep coming; Jan's husband Denny is in the hospital and it doesn't sound good at all.



In happier news, once I get yesterday's Show&Tell pix resized/cropped/oriented I can load them onto the Foothills Shutterfly site, and also share a few here on my blog.



I had thought about mowing 37th Ave. yesterday afternoon after I got home (it got quite overgrown this past week, making walking Tilly in the dark each evening less than ideal) but Tom had done that while I was at quilting.  So instead I started working on a charity top from a zebra scrap I scored yesterday; there was just enough of it to cut eight 8" squares.  


After I add additional B&W wiggly stripes around the four sides (my hand had dictated that I stop work before that point) I'll decide what to use next as the border.  My thought is to go through fabric looking for something to match the blue/turquoise color, but who knows what I'll find?  And that's all part of the fun!



Also picked up 3 'new' quilt books at our annual sale (remember recently I did get rid of about 2/3 of the ones I had but decided I no longer needed.) Two of the books should be a great help now that I've gotten into landscape/art quilts.  Foothills ended up making quite a bit of money from yesterday's sale, part of which will go to buy fabric/supplies for Charity quilts, with the rest going to fund Teachers for various classes.


I had hoped to sell my embroidery machine (the one that Alex never got around to putting on Craigslist) but didn't even get a nibble.  May just be stuck keeping it after all...



I've been working diligently on my hand exercises, and I really can see progress already.  That, of course, is great motivation to keep up the work.  Would be great to be discharged on therapy on Tuesday.  MY true goal is to be able to use door handles (of all types) again!


Now that the morning is well under way I guess I should get something other than blogging accomplished today.


No comments:

Post a Comment