Saturday, March 26, 2016

Enjoyed my time over at Colleen's yesterday though I didn't take anything to work on - just went to visit with the ladies.  Shortly after I arrived Sue showed up; she was in the neighborhood (picking up sticks and felt at Michael's to work on her flowers) and Yolanda had invited her over. So Sue got to meet Colleen and Stephanie and admire Colleen's stunning works.  



Yolanda has been working hard on the Barbara Jones animal line, 
and this is her elephant in progress. Fun!


I did a little ironing on some of Colleen's half-square triangles (it's going to be a stunning quilt, but OY the work that is going into it!) and then really earned my keep by 'finding' her 'missing' pattern when I was leaving; it was on the couch where I had been resting!



Steve is in from Colorado visiting family and popped over yesterday afternoon.  Since we last saw him he's moved to Salida (much closer to the hot springs than he was) and I just happened to be wearing my Bungled Jungle t-shirt from that very fun store in Salida.  He's never been - but plans to check it out upon his return.  This photo of us was taken at his old place when we visited in 2014.



Now that it's light out I can see that a good portion of the floodwaters have soaked into the ground.  Now it's 'just' muddy out there so Tilly will be spending much of her day "chained" outside the fence since I will be at the quilt show all day and Tom has errands to run.  Luckily she doesn't seem to mind that!


Time to go get ready for my day.  I have quilts to see!



No comments:

Post a Comment