Thursday, March 17, 2016

At Busy Bees yesterday morning Joni presented a trunk show.  Her quilts, which tend toward softer, muted fabrics (unlike mine!) are lovely.














During Show&Tell I displayed the half-dozen quilts tops of Carol's that I bought to gift to BB Charity.   Also asked the ladies for donations of small scraps (5"x5") of fabrics in grays and browns for October's Out on A Limb challenge.  


My stash, while huge, is basically all brights.


I'm also trying to decide what projects to work on at Quilt Camp in 2 weeks because I'd like to start gathering up stuff before the last minute arrives.  I'll plan to bring several different ones "just in case" I run into a snag on one.  And while it's always nice to bring something with which I might need a little help, on the other hand don't want something too difficult that needs my full concentration since there "may" be some distractions with all the other ladies working/talking together.



Last night Tom and I watched The Martian, which we both enjoyed.  



Not only did I stay awake through the entire movie (finished it up at 10:30) but then I read for another hour.  Finally around 11:30 I felt a little drowsy and turned off my light, but when I was still awake after mid-night I popped a Lunesta.  That seemed to take a long time to work, so I tried to figure out what was keeping me awake.  Could it have been the slice of (decadent!) chocolate cake I ate around 10:00 that morning at the meeting?!



Lynn had to cancel our planned quilting get-together for yesterday afternoon because she went to visit a friend in Apache Junction who'd had a stroke.  We are going to try again this afternoon after she's finished helping out at the Book Fair over at Park Meadows.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the painted quilt blocks from the baby shower.



Tom got a hefty order from a jeweler in England for some of his fire obsidian cabs after she saw the stones in the  magazine and then checked out some of the videos he's posted.  She was disappointed that the videos don't look like Jeff's still photos - but still put in a large order.  Here's hoping she's satisfied with them when they arrive!


Seems there were other things I wanted to post about yesterday but they escape me at the moment.  No doubt they will come back to me at some point (most likely as soon as I hit the 'publish' button?)



No comments:

Post a Comment