Sunday, March 20, 2016

Last night I watched an entertaining movie called Bernie (with Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine, and Matthew McConaughey) that was based on a true event that happened in a small town in eastern Texas in the 90s.


This morning I made great progress on Sandy's birthday gift.  Which is a good thing, because I need to get it into the mail this week if it's going to arrive on time!



Then I picked up Colleen and we headed over to The Other Quilt Shop so I could pick up some backing for Andy's gift.  I spoke with Irene today and she is going to be able to quilt it for me, so I need to have everything ready to go to hand over to her on Wednesday.  I do need to piece the backing, and also the batting, both of which are on tomorrow's agenda.  Neither one of those should (!) take long...!!!



Of course I had the top with me so I could coordinate fabrics, and Sheri loved it so much she's going to order the pattern for the store.  Plus all the ladies taking the class there oohed and aahed over it, which made me feel good.



After a quick lunch (leftover salmon and cantaloupe from dinner last night) I made it to the gym for Jim's Sunday Seminar.  Today I lasted 35 minutes, which is 10 minutes longer than last week.  That may not  sound like much, but that's a 40% improvement... plus it's a very rigorous workout.  I even used the 2.5 pound weights he found for me (the other ladies were using heavier ones), and my hand did just fine with them.



Of course there will be no Sunday session next weekend because of Easter, and I'll miss the Sunday after that when I'm at Quilt Camp.  Still, I'm pleased with my progress, and plan to attend on a regular basis... at least whenever Life doesn't get in the way.




No comments:

Post a Comment