Friday, April 14, 2017

Happily irrigation went well this morning and we got a good flow; now that it's warming up we count on a deep watering. The only issue was getting bitten by ants that had built a nest under one of the baffles.

After a leg workout at the gym (I expect to feel the dividends in the next day or two) I headed over to Winco to pick up a few groceries.  In the parking lot I stopped to let a mom with two little ones cross, and got a thank-you wave from the younger one. When I came across them inside I told them how much I appreciated the thank-you, and we had a delightful chat; they reminded me of Lisa and Alex at that age. (I correctly guessed Rylan was 5, and Logan was almost 3.)


Since I only had a handful of items I headed for the self check-out lane, and asked Connie not to disappear because I would 'most likely' need her assistance. (I could see from her expression that she did not agree with my 'warning' that machines have it in for me.) Sure enough, when I put the green beans on the scanner, looked up the code, and then punched it in, I got an audio error message. Connie came over, went through the same sequence - and heard the same error message. 



After lunch I cleaned the kitchen (the stove looks wonderful after a thorough scrubbing) including mucking out some of the kitchen drawers that were so stuffed it was hard to find what we needed. Tom should be pleasantly surprised upon his return. 



No comments:

Post a Comment