Friday, November 20, 2015

My good mood was shattered at the library when I was not allowed to check out my books. Unfortunately I had left the house without my purse (I had just set down my keys on the island by the book I was returning because I knew I was going right out again after I had a bit of protein for lunch) which has my library card and all my ID. Even though I know my 14-digit number by heart, the punk at the desk would not check out the books for me without "official ID".  When I asked to speak to somebody else he did go into the back - but when he returned said "no one was available", which I interpreted to mean he had told them the issue and they just didn't want to talk to me.  I marched out to the car and got my vehicle  registration from the glove box (and let's face it: I'm the only person in the world with my last name!) but because it didn't have my picture on it he wouldn't even look at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment