Friday, August 14, 2015

Yet another morning where I slept "until" 4:30, which does make it somewhat difficult to garner much sympathy for Tom;  he complained that the phone woke him up yesterday.... when it rang at 8:00.  FYI - I would LOVE for the phone to wake me up at 8:00!



 I discovered this morning that my friend Betty died last night.  This was in no way unexpected, and in truth she has been 'gone' for days now.  But it is still sad.  HUGS to Tracy and the rest of Betty's family.


I wish I could find the picture of Betty, Linda, and Carol, all wearing matching hats at one of the Busy Bee functions.  That photo was one of my favorites, and it must be in a file somewhere.... but I just can't find it.  It's especially sad with two of them now gone.


So instead here's a picture of Betty from 2014.


And this is the quilt that was on Betty's bed 
when I went to visit her on Monday.


I choose to remember Betty as she was until very recently, always smiling (despite the tragedies in her life), and with a great sense of humor.  


After we sang Happy Birthday to her at Busy Bees for her 90th birthday party two summers ago, she broke out singing also.

No comments:

Post a Comment