Tuesday, August 11, 2015

As I continue to cross things off of my to-do list, unfortunately more things keep getting added.  While running errands today the Service Engine light came on, and I see I'm due for an oil change.  That should kill an afternoon...


Just got back from visiting Joyce.  I wanted to show her my flip-flop quilt (can't share with most of the ladies until after Foothill's reveal in October) and she was properly appreciative.  


Joyce is doing well, and has a positive attitude, so it was a nice visit - until we both started tearing out our hair over the sad state of politics, where we are definitely on the same page!



Since I had to pass right by the library on the way home I stopped in, and sure enough one of my Hold books had come in (the notification was waiting for me when I got back home.)  Also found 3 other books on the New shelf that look good, so I'm set for a little while at least.



Carol called to hear how yesterday's visit with Betty had gone.  It was so depressing I hadn't planned to let her know, but of course when she asked I had to tell her the sad state of affairs.  Both of us choose to remember Betty the way she was, and hope that the drugs are keeping her pain-free.


No comments:

Post a Comment