Friday, August 21, 2015

Yesterday morning my new seam ripper worked great, and I had my block resewn correctly (while listening to audio book) well before my 10:00 appointment at the tire place.  I should have been out of there in about an hour, but at 11:00 they let me know that there was a problem. Apparently someone had sold one of "my" tires (naturally the last one of my size in stock) and they had to send someone somewhere to pick up another one.  Long story short: I was stuck sitting there almost another hour.  Good thing I'd remembered to put a replacement Thermorest into the car until I can pick up the one I left at Olive Garden, and of course I did bring a book with me. At least to compensate for my inconvenience they cut the tire mounting charge in half, so I saved $32.  


I was tired in the afternoon (from all that sitting around?) and took a nap after drifting off while listening to more of my audio book.  But I awoke refreshed, with the energy necessary to cook dinner (Tom was off-duty): grilled salmon, wild rice, steamed broccoli, and cantaloupe.



Unfortunately today I've been up since 3:30, which does not make me happy.  When it got late enough (5:00 here, 8:00 Back East) I gave Mom a call and we caught up on all the (non) news.  


Once Tom wakes up I plan to mow the front yard because we have irrigation tonight.  Same crappy time (the middle of the night) but this time Tom is doing the honors.  And yes, as a matter of fact we do have a chance of rain tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment