Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I wear a ring (which I designed) made using 12 small diamonds from one of my grandmother's rings, and recently noticed that one of those stones had fallen out.  


Luckily I had saved (and could actually find!) the remaining unused diamonds from the original ring, so this morning I took the ring in for repair and should have it back by the end of the week.


I knew the jeweler was near Colleen's house, and thought I had her address in my GPS list, but alas I was wrong (for a change?) so I never did find her house.  Had hoped to picked up my found thermorest, and also ask Colleen for help on Lisa's birthday gift.  Time is running out to get that finished!



Next stop was to get my glasses fixed; they were fine yesterday, but this morning the frames were so bent they were almost unusable; it would have been very difficult to watch the movie this afternoon the way they are.  As long as I was there I asked for my Rx for the "in between" focal length.  I'd tried trifocals last time, but after a week of not seeming to adjust went back to bifocals... at which point I realized I really had been using that intermediate lens.  I have to take my glasses off to use the desktop computer, and want to have a pair of cheapie glasses made to keep at the computer... except that I learned today that my prescription expired in February.  So now I need to make an appointment to have my eyes examined again and get a new Rx



Major windstorm blowing outside - wind advisory in effect until at least 11:00 am.  Yesterday Tom thought he finally had made Creepy happy (found a missing part that needed to be reattached to keep his flappers flush) and the pool did look a little better this morning, but obviously will need yet more cleaning later after today's weather.



The phone just rang, and it was Rene cancelling the movie.  The bad weather is currently moving into the area where we would be meeting, and it makes little sense to be out driving in it if we don't absolutely need to.  Here at the house we have a number of tree limbs down, but so far at least it hasn't been too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment