Monday, August 10, 2015

It was the usual ordeal at the DMV this morning; I had to wait a little over 30 minutes (the line was snaked around 4 times) just to get a number to wait in line.  


Then, of course, it was well over another hour before they called me up to a window.  After that, I got wait in yet a third queue before receiving my temporary license, where I got my first glimpse of the unflattering picture they snapped today.  


In theory everything is now all taken care of - the new license should be mailed to the house before the temporary one expires - and I hope the expiration date will be far in the future so I don't have to do this again for a very long time.  


On the plus side, I'd made sure the battery on my iPad was fully charged (unlike the guy waiting next to me) so I had some distractions during my wait, 


and I was also grateful that I didn't have toddlers in tow
like some of the folks there.



In other good news, the hummingbirds have finally noticed that the feeders have been refilled.  (My hummingbirds, however, are not at all into sharing, like these guys seem to be.)



No comments:

Post a Comment