Saturday, August 1, 2015

Wonderful potluck - though we all could have done without the rain that moved in.  When we went up at 4:00 it was sunny and warm, so I was just wearing a sundress.  But when the front moved in boy did it get COLD.  The rain poured and the wind raced through the pavilion.  On the plus side I won the auction for the robe I'd bid on, so I had something warm to put on.  My wall-hanging sold, and I got to meet the guy who was taking it to its new home.

When there was finally a break in the deluge we headed back to the house to put on warm clothes, then visited with Dr. Rocks (geologist Jim) and his wife Shawn until it was time for the music.  I was tired all evening and could have gone to sleep at 6:00 when we got back to the house - possibly because I got a lot of sun today - and with the cold weather I decided to just crawl into bed at 9:00 when everyone else headed up to hear tonight's band.  I cracked my window so I can hear the music from the comfort of my warm snuggly bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment