Saturday, August 15, 2015

Yesterday afternoon Colleen came by to swim with Gracie, Anna, and Harrison.  The pool was a 'refreshing' 93 degrees <g> but the kids still thought it was great.  


Did I mention that it was quite toasty yesterday?  During the evening news we learned that our official temp (taken at the airport) was 115, though at the Botanical Gardens they reported 118.


This first week back at school has been a long week for them, and 3-year-old Harrison definitely exhibited signs of crankiness because due to his sisters' schedules his usual afternoon naps have been much abbreviated.  Lacking sleep myself I could definitely relate, but my sympathy was with Grandma, who is quite patient!


The kids were disappointed that Pokey was nowhere in evidence (she wisely hangs out in one of her shady spots during the worst heat of the day) but naturally she appeared soon after they left.  Maybe next swim date it'll be a little cooler?  I'd like to say it can't get much hotter, but I don't want to tempt Fate!



Wanda called as we were getting ready to head out to dinner (All-You-Can-East Fish Fry at a new place) but we did get caught up a little, and have tentatively scheduled a get-together for Wednesday.  (When she was looking at her calendar for available dates she realized she had missed a scheduled car appointment yesterday to get her recalled air-bags fixed, so our plans are somewhat dependent on when she gets that rescheduled.)  Quilt Camp this past week was fun, and they (Wanda, Perri, Jeannie at least) were sorry I hadn't been able to join in, but I really, really, really was busy playing catching up after being gone almost a month.  Perri is now off to a golf tournament (in Washington?) but she gave Wanda the bag she made for me during camp.  I had stockpiled some adorable knitting fabric, and when I offered to share it with Perri she decided to also make me something.  This is what she came up with. 

Fun bag for my next knitting project


with this to put inside to keep track of my stitch markers



Tom and I enjoyed last night's dinner at the new place (Q), and I definitely left there quite full.  Our waitress Pam was a hoot - shows just what a difference an attitude can make.  We did make it home in time to watch the 2nd evening of the Tournament of Champions on Jeopardy, though I was sorry that my favorite did not win.  I was surprised that there were several questions I answered but which none of them got (and at least one of those questions really seemed like 'common knowledge') though of course it always makes me feel good when that happens.



But by 8:00 I was ready for bed; it's a long day when it starts at 4:30... again! However last night I woke up a little after midnight for my trip to the bathroom, so I popped a Lunesta and "slept in".  I feel ready to take on the day!  



Today that includes sewing over at Colleen's; she's going to help me (and by that I mean I'm going to let her do as much of it as she wants) finish up Lisa's birthday present.  Apparently Colleen has a special template that will make this "easy".... but I've heard that before!


No comments:

Post a Comment