Saturday, August 22, 2015

Ultimately it was a productive day, but there were so many problems with the first pillow (translation: it was sewed and then had to be ripped out three times) that the process ended up taking more than three hours.  At least we eventually got it put together correctly, AND the next two pillows went much more smoothly.


The first pillow was made from an old shirt of mine from the 80s.  Once it shrank it was no longer wearable, but I loved the picture on the back and never could bring myself to throw it out.  Makes a cute little pillow, though!


And here's the back -



The hummingbird pillow is for Terry


  

and the turtle pillow is for Elinor.



Yolanda also had issues today - she never did get her Featherweight to sew, so unfortunately she got nothing done except visiting.



I had admired Colleen's woven blocks last weekend, so today she had the pattern for me.  Now I can hardly wait to start whipping up some blocks, though first I will need to buy some more white background fabric.



Stephanie is excited about making up a bird quilt, and after Yolanda and I saw the pattern we want to make one also.  Our first thought was to schedule that project for next Saturday, but Tom and I will be heading down to Ak-Chin Pavilion to visit with Alex as he breezes through town again on the Slipknot tour. And no, we won't be sticking around for the "music".  Would you?



Looks like he did have fun on his Colorado Raft trip on Tuesday:

No comments:

Post a Comment