Friday, August 14, 2015

Just one of the many lovely tributes to Betty today on Facebook.


No word yet on when her memorial/celebration of life service will be held.  I take solace in the fact that Betty would not have wanted to linger, in pain, and has been released.  Before she stopped communicating (about a week ago) she was apparently talking with dead loved ones, and described 'the other side' as beautiful.



I posted a mention about the loss of my friend on Facebook, and when Alex saw it this morning he called to see if I was okay.  I was very touched - what a sweet thing to do!



I've been distracting myself by keeping busy today, and have actually gotten a lot accomplished.  This morning I picked up Balinda's book Tiny But Mighty, and this afternoon I mailed it off to Doug for Kestrel.  My car had its oil changed and its tires rotated this morning, though the bad news is that I need a set of new tires.  (I'd been warned that was coming the last time I had the car in for servicing.)  


The jeweler called to say my ring was ready, so I picked that up; it's now so nice and shiny it barely resembles the one I brought in for repairs earlier this week.  


Carol needed some Tylenol (and chocolate) so I made a run to Wal-Mart and then delivered the goodies to her.  I know that she is really going to miss her daily talks with her BFF Betty.



Now I think I'll just sit in front of the fan and read until Colleen arrives with the grandkids to swim.  (I invited Estera to join us, but they are going to a birthday party this afternoon.)  Last night it was still 111 during the 6:00 newscast, today's high is predicted to be 112, and tomorrow's 113.  Can I get a little sympathy for dealing with SUMMER IN PHOENIX?


No comments:

Post a Comment