Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sadly, my letter-to-the-editor was not published in the paper today.  
(I looked this morning, even though I hadn't gotten an e-mail saying it was being considered - like the previous times.)

I took my embroidery machine instruction manual in to Kinko's to be spiral bound (and also - as suggested - had front/back covers laminated) and what a difference the the spiral binding makes!  Certainly was a wonderful suggestion that Kathy made at class on Thursday.
(Next I'll have to take in the book for my regular machine.)

On the way back from Kinko's, I heard part of a radio interview Olympic gold medalist Jackie Joyner Kersee.  She was talking about when she first started running at 14, and came in last, in 8th place.  The next time she came in 7th, then 6th.  I wish it had been a call-in show; she might have gotten a laugh out of my experience, which I shared on my blog 2 years ago.  For those of you who are new to my blog, you can check out that entry (from June 13, 2011) here.
http://boledoaz.blogspot.com/2011/06/my-short-athletic-career.html

I've been sewing this morning.  It's too hot to do much else, although I did have a (very) fleeting thought about doing some yardwork when I first got up.

This afternoon I've invited the kids over to swim, because it sure is a happy pool when it's filled with kids!  Here's a picture Summer took the other day; that's Jacob jumping off the board, with Devon not far behind.

Sitting here at the computer I have a clear view of the hummingbird feeders on the back patio.  I was surprised to see 3 hummers feeding on one at the same time (usually they are very territorial) although #4 was chased away.  They sure do waste a lot of energy defending 'their' feeders; wish I could convince them that there's pretty much an endless supply of sugar water, and they can just relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment