Friday, June 28, 2013

Actions have consequences...

I have been loaning my car to Alex on Thursday nights so he can drive to his job in Scottsdale.  (His car still only runs in 2nd gear. Long story.)  I had a doctor's appointment at 9:00 this morning, so I needed the car back by 8:30.  He was distressed by that (he works quite late) and said maybe he'd come here after work and sleep in his old bed so he wouldn't have to get up so early.  Whatever, as long as I had the car by 8:30.

At 8:35 I called the doctor's office and cancelled.  (Naturally the woman who knows me, and that I'm early for every appointment, is on vacation this week.)  I've rescheduled for July.

But
(except maybe to Alex?)

I will not be loaning him my car any more.

In happier news: in a bit I'm off to the movies in Scottsdale with Mary.  
(If she wasn't driving before, she sure is now... <g>)  

No comments:

Post a Comment