Friday, June 21, 2013

I'm sure everyone wants to hear how my first session with my trainer Jim went today.  
I'd say it went pretty well.  He got some backgound on me and my situation, and then we went through a series of warm-up exercises.  I wrote down what they were - but when I got home that piece of paper had vanished.  I remember the names of some: dead lifts, squats, flies.  He's in great shape, and not a kid (like most of their employees.)  I like his demeanor and the way that he explained the various exercises.  It sounds like he will encourage and challenge me without going overboard; I think it's going to be a good fit.  We are now set up for 9:00 Monday mornings, which should be a great way to start my week.  

He stressed that I can not work out every day - the body needs some off time.  I have no problem with that! 

Some days will only be cardio, although I may not have to even go to the gym to pump up my heart rate... I can just watch the video Alex put on my iPad of what he and his friends do at Fossil Creek on their days off!  I'd love to share it, but the link that I mailed to myself does not work.

This is something I know how to do, so I'm quite confused as to why it won't work for me today.

Just saw a lean and rangy coyote cruise by across the street.  I thought he was going to take a drink out of the irrigation pipe, but he turned down 37th.  So I quickly gave Joy a call to say that Mr. Coyote was checking out her yard.  She's got a rooster and some cats that would make a tasty snack for him!

Just plan to relax the rest of this afternoon.  
Tonight I'm on Irrigation Duty... and I need to be well-rested for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment