Sunday, June 16, 2013

Of course Patti and I had fun at the quilt show in Prescott yesterday (and it didn't hurt that the temperature in the Mile High City was delightful.)  I didn't bring my camera because the memory card is full (from France) and I couldn't find my other cards to use; just figured I'd take 'a picture or two' of my favorites with my camera.  

Naturally I ended up snapping away wildly, and still have to transfer all those pix from my phone to the computer.  While there may be a way to do it other than one at at time (which is time consuming) I certainly don't know how.  So no quilt pix at the moment.
Prescott was a happening place yesterday; besides the quilt show, there was also a beer festival going on, so some of the side streets by the square were closed off for that.  Plus there was something else, with music, lots of food (and craft?) booths, crowds milling around, etc. on the square itself.  But we had left our primo parking space by the Old Fire Station Mall behind Whiskey Row (at the quilt show Patti won a $5 coupon good at a couple of shops there, and we had to spend that!) and were not likely to find another place to park within a mile of the square, so we didn't stop.  

On the way home we were geared up to stop at Zeke's in Prescott Valley for a late lunch (great food, large portions, low prices) but they were closed... which was a sad surprise, because they were always busy each year when we ate there.  We ended up eating at a little cafe in Mayer (great burgers!) where we also 'shopped' for a new house at a development going up - it's always fun to see the way the model homes are decorated - but (as expected) the size of the yards were smaller than our drive through area to the Back 40 so we didn't buy one. <G>

Spoke with Tom this morning.  He was sitting in his truck wearing a hoodie and had the heater going.  Although it got down to 32 last night, he said it wasn't too bad.  (That does not sound like fun camping weather to me, but what do I know?)  
He's already scored lots of high-graded rock, but has been somewhat disappointed at the low numbers of fellow knappers there.

I got the front yard mowed earlier this morning, and then took a swim in the pool - the temperature was perfect.  Now I'm off to trim some bushes and fill up the trash cans 'just in case' we get pickup tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment