Thursday, June 6, 2013

I have been looking for a USB stick for my new sewing machine.  
That's shouldn't be hard - except the instruction booklet is very clear that I can only use one that's 2 gigs max... and that isn't so easy!  Radio Shack had suggested Target; yesterday Target suggested Fry's Electronics.  Fry's did have the best selection (translation: they carried them as low as 4 gigs) and they in turn suggested Walgreens.  If they don't have one I guess I'll have to troll the internet.  
Didn't realize that this was going to be such a problem, and I would like to get one soon so I can 'borrow' patterns before my June 27th class.

I 'got' to grill the chicken last night.  It took longer than I expected, but turned out to be my best batch ever.  

As everyone else was seated at the table and I was literally walking in the door to set the mega-bowl of chicken on the table, Alex buzzed in; his mechanic friend Alex was minutes from the house (he works on the east side of town) and Alex took a short break from work (he's lucky he works so close) to zoom over and get mfAlex started on the car.  

Alex did manage to eat a piece or two of chicken on the run, but mfAlex declined our offer to come in and join us - said he had a lot to do.  But by the end of the evening the car was still not done; in addition to an alternator and a power steering pump,  it seems it also needs a wiring harness.

Lisa, Chas and Jeff are heading off to Moab this morning.  They plan to stop in Page and do Antelope Canyon again (Jeff has never been there... won't he be amazed!)  

Lisa's foot (that she injured Tuesday morning as they were getting ready to leave Tucson) is giving her a lot of pain.  Luckily it does not seem to be infected; the spot where she stepped on something is barely noticeable.  The prevailing opinion is that she hit a nerve, and healing will 'just take time'  Unfortunately, it's bound to put a crimp in her raft-trip activities, such as side hikes.  

I will not only be gecko-sitting through the weekend, I will also be chicken-sitting, dog-sitting, and doing irrigation for a neighbor.  And you were worried I'd get bored.  

Fed the gecko last night (he eats every other evening) and it's quite a production.  Even though Alex helped by dropping the crickets right in front of Lemma, the gecko's eyesight is even worse that I expected.  

No comments:

Post a Comment