Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Don't know why I didn't blog yesterday.  But it happens!

In the morning I had my workout at the gym with Jim, and it went well.  We did the warm-up exercises with the 5 pound weights, and I needed less correction on my form than I did on Friday, so that was an improvement.  Then we worked out my upper body on three different machines.  Even with low weights and not very many reps I still hit the 'fail' level.

But at this point we are more concerned with my form (which of course needs adjusting.)

While I am a little bit sore today, it's NOTHING like after my first leg workout a week ago, so I'm very happy about that.  I also upped my incline and speed a little on the treadmill yesterday, although I learned later that I'm pretty much at the limit on incline; any more and I'll be at risk for shin splints!

NO! And I'd like to keep it that way, thank you very much!

Alex came by in the afternoon, (FINALLLY) accessed his PVCC account,
and found out what how his last semester went.

Turns out he owes me a bundle of cash as reimbursement.
Coupled with the money pit his car is, and the fact that he's laying out rent money (and of course has all sorts of other expenses there) I don't know when I'll see the money.  But he signed the contract with me, and I will not be laying out any more money for classes until we're reconciled.

On a happier note, yesterday I made plane and resort reservations for Jeff & Priscilla's wedding in October.

I also stopped over to see Estera and welcome Julianna home from the hospital and blow bubbles with Willie.  It was a rough week for everyone, but hopefully that's all in the past.

In a bit I'm off to the (jellyroll) races at Linda's.

I was going to bring tabouli, but couldn't find any bulghur wheat so I used the quinoa Patti gave me.  I have to agree with her.... it's not that good.  Laura called last night to see if I can pick her up on my way (absolutely!) because she's having car issues.

So I'd better get off of the computer and get all my stuff packed up for a day of sewing with the ladies.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment