Monday, June 17, 2013

My quads are sore today - but not nearly as bad as I feared, given the intense shakiness yesterday.  So I guess I will be able to make it to the gym later! 
No yardwork for me this morning, although I did go out last night just before dark (once it 'cooled off' some) and filled up one of the cans with dead leaves from the Back 40 hedge.  Trash pick up is this morning (in theory - last week they skipped our block), and it is 'against the rules' to not fill up both cans.  

Had some trouble finding just the right picture for illustration, but came across some other signs that I found entertaining.

PET PEEVE: I had to add an apostrophe to this image, where it belongs - yet I see 'official' signs all over the place with apostrophes in plural words, where they don't!  Didn't any of those folks pay attention in elementary school?!?!?!?!

We 'officially' entered the Monsoon Season on June 15, although no rain in the forecast.

However, it will (we hope!) come eventually.  I will never forget one news reporter, a few years ago, who actually 'reported', "The streets are wet!" 

This sign reminded me of my recent trip to France, where their term for what we call window shopping translates as 'window licking'.

Laura - this reminded me of your hellish bus trip to Kingman!
(It was politics, not a penis, folks.)

I wonder how effective this sign is?  Could work!


No comments:

Post a Comment