Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I slept in this morning (I've been up so early lately that I never thought I might need to set an alarm!) and so did not have time to blog before I headed off to the Foothills meeting (and also had to skip today's hedge-trimming session); couldn't be late because Sharon is on vacation and I needed to chair the meeting.  

Mary Ann did a demo of her felted wool on quilts.  
Some, like these, had wool embellishments on 'regular' cotton quilts.  


Others, like this one, were mostly wool (on a quilted cotton background.)

This tablerunner used four leftover pieced blocks in the center, with wool-embellished blocks on the ends.


Mary's finished basket quilt is lovely.

Louise brought in this UFO baby quilt, and is (no doubt!) thrilled to finally be done... that 'baby' is now 9 years old!

Here's a detail of the quilted waves -

These cats are going to get more embellishments (tails, collars, and probably some mice in the 'maze') when they are quilted, but are pretty cute already.  Can't give any credit because I've already forgotten whose quilt this was!

Laura was pretty excited to finally have finished this wedding gift.  She had hoped to get it done by the couple's first anniversary, although that didn't happen.  So she was somewhat relieved to hear that she has an extra year... the second anniversary is cotton!  The quilt is California King size - and Laura quilted it on her regular machine, using some sort of attachment that I still can't picture in my head.  She's going to have me over soon to check it out, and who knows.... there might be one of those in my future!
  
Here's a little something she put on the back.

After the meeting, Laura, Kim, Linda and I went out for lunch together (at Culver's), and then Laura and Kim and I headed to Old Glendale to look at Mary Ann's booth at the The Mad Hatter.  I hadn't been there in a zillion years, and it was lots of fun to cruise the various booths.

Afterwards Laura and I stopped in at Coyote Oaties (virtually next door) to sample a cookie (they are yummy) and then to another store in the next block to pick up a gift I've been thinking about since I saw it on Saturday.  Still no idea how I'll get it from 'here' to 'there' - will worry about that later!

On my way home I stopped in at BevMo to see if they carried the Moscato d'Asti I tried at The Institute (and liked!) but they didn't carry that brand.  I did buy a bottle of someone else's Moscato, although I can't taste it until I find someone to open it for me.  (That wouldn't be a problem if I had an electric corkscrew like Mom!)

Maybe this evening I'll bind the baby quilt that I quilted yesterday, and then I can start quilting the second top.  It would be nice to turn both of them in at the next Foothills meeting!
I also have to start cutting 40 WOF strips for the jellyroll race at Linda's house the end of the month - she changed the date today so there wouldn't be a conflict with the Busy Bees meeting.  
THANK YOU, LINDA! 

It's going to be a Blueberry Social, so I need to start looking for a recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment