Saturday, August 26, 2023

 We've been 'busy' <g> relaxing at the beach house

since our arrival on Thursday afternoon.  



That night was our annual Crab Fest (when I "cooked") and it was delicious as always.  Here's what my 'plate' of six crabs looked like at the end, and doesn't even show that I also pigged out on some shrimp, and corn-on-the-cob.  At least I skipped dessert... <G>  


"Doing the dishes" afterwards is a breeze - 
just roll up the butcher paper and underlying newspaper!



Friday Richie acted as chef.  For breakfast he whipped up  a delicious tomato and cheese fritattta, and then for dinner he baked salmon which he served with saffron rice and a colorful salad.  

During the afternoon Sandy and I had taken Pippa for a walk in the park, where I admired the latest addition, a pollenator garden courtesy of the Ladies' Garden Club.  While I didn't see any fliers taking advantage (wasn't much actually blooming, though each plant had a colorful photo and description of what it attracts) we did see quite a few flutter-bys on our walk.



We continued on, heading out to the point.  


It was very green and lush everywhere, 
but if you looked closely there were other colors sprouting up.



Saturday we strolled through the park, shopping at the weekend's farmers' market that included a number of craft booths.  Pippa accompanied us, though she is definitely more interested in the people, who admire (and pet) her, than the dogs.




Most of the animal arts for sale centered on local fauna (crabs and sea birds abounded), though I did come across this Arizona native!



And maybe one day Beach Therapy will be included!


I enjoy personalized license plates, 
and this one parked alongside a booth made me smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment