Thursday, June 22, 2023

Estera and 6 kids (baby Samuel stayed home) came over to swim Tuesday.  They all had fun, though I couldn't really relax, consantly counting heads.  Mostly I was worried about twins Michael and Hannah, the true non-swimmers in the bunch.  On the plus side, it was extremely gratifying that Tommy and Annalise (the ones I've been tutoring) wanted to do some reading with me.

Here's the baby quilt I made for Samuel this past winter:



My hip pain is actually emanating from my glute, and <sigh> yesterday I aggravated it again.  It was trying to be better, but moving some of my scrap boxes to get at the one on the bottom (why is the color I need always on the bottom of the sstack? turned out not to be such a good idea; the pain radiates all the way down my leg, almost to my ankle.

No position is comfortable, and while the heating pad definitely helps that's not really something I like to use these days...


I've still been taking a morning soak in the hot tub (though I lowered the heat yet another degree) and enjoying the jet massage.  On the down side, my view includes all the overgrown greenery I'd been planning to trim.  But naturally all yardwork is currently on hiatus, until my glute straightens up and flies right. 


I did cancel this morning's gym session, but am hoping to be back at it on Monday.




Mary and I made a trip to TOQS yesterday so she could find fabrics to go with the panel Brett brought back from Scotland for her.  It's quite a strange panel (she just rolled her eyes at it) with weird colors that I couldn't match here at the house, and it wasn't easy even at the quilt store. But we managed to find some fabrics that will work, and also got some ideas about how to set the four squares.




I found some Michael Miller watercolor fabric (extra-wide) that'll be perfect for the Open Options top.  



Now I'm waiting to hear back from Monica 
to find out if she can get it quilted before my August 2 "class".  

No comments:

Post a Comment