Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Bagels and lox for breakfast with Andy & Sandy (I expect to see a 'new' number on the bathroom scale when I get home) before I showered and then headed over to Mom's.  I was almost there when she called (good thing I was stopped at a light so I could answer it) because Ann had requested we bring celery with us. There's a Shop Rite very close to Riderwood, and it was no big deal to pop in and pick up celery. But the place was a madhouse, and naturally only a fraction of the registers were open, so it took quite a while to buy the one item.  When I got to Mom's I was surprised to hear that my Uncle Allen was picking us up - assumed we would pick up Ann and then meet him at a central restaurant.  But it turned out that Ann insisted on making us lunch! She is still going gang-busters, and does not begin to look her age, which (in a week or two) will be 98.  Since Allen turned 95 in March (he also does not look or act old) that made Mom, "only" 90, the 'youngster' of the trio!
Can't believe I didn't take a picture of the three of them!

Learned today that my Aunt Helen (who died exactly a year ago) was Ann's first friend when she moved to the DC area.

I've been dragging all day, and assumed that that the busy weekend just caught up with me.  I left Mom's at 4:30 so I would be back in plenty of  time to leave with Sandy at 5:30 for Pippa's Sniffing Class.  But noticed during the drive that it hurt to swallow, and by the time I got home I had developed a case of laryngitis.  Whatever it is sure came on fast! So I got in my jammies, turned on the heating pad, and am dosing myself with lozenges.  I feel like I could go to sleep, but if I do that at 6:00 I am afraid I will be up in the wee hours of the morning, so am going to do my best to stay awake as long as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment