Saturday, October 17, 2015

Yesterday morning at the gym we finally got around to doing my baseline measurements.  I was a little appalled at my body fat % - though checking the chart for my age it isn't bad, or even fair, and if I can get down another 1.5 points I'll actually hit the good range.  


During my cardio I upped my time on the elliptical to 5 minutes, then did a mile on the treadmill.  My heart rate remains fairly low now on the treadmill, but the elliptical still gets it going.  Hoping to increase my time on it, and *hopefully* at the same time not get my heart racing quite so fast.



Irrigation went well yesterday morning, and not long after we did get rain - and lots of wind.  It was a good day to read (finished Pope Joan for bookclub in December, which I enjoyed) and watch a movie (The Cobbler, with Adam Sandler and Dustin Hoffman.) I'd never heard of it, but the movie turned out to be entertaining and had enough twists and surprises that kept me engaged throughout the entire thing.



I also took care of zillions of phone calls yesterday afternoon (making medical, dental, and tax appointments, and following up on a couple of financial matters) and thus was able to cross a fair number of chores off of my To Do list... always a good feeling!



Tom wanted to go out for all-you-can-eat fish last night, and had found a restaurant on the east side with good reviews, The Dubliner. I felt adventurous and ordered their Chicken Boxty, which sounded good but turned out to be somewhat disappointing.  On the plus side, the restaurant was right next door to Quiltz, so after dinner we stopped in "just for a look." And I didn't buy anything - though saw a cute applique baby quilt on the classroom wall (couldn't get a close up look because a class was in session.) The Amy Bradley book with the pattern (Peek-A-Boo) is out of print, but the woman at the front desk made the suggestion to look on Amazon, where I found it. 



As we were getting ready to leave the store, a voice said, "Bobbi?" I turned around, and there was Margaret.  We met way back, when our kids were in elementary school taking music lessons at The Place.  For several years we passed many a Thursday afternoon chatting together while the kids took their lessons (flute and trumpet for us, piano and clarinet for them.)  I often had some hand-piecing with me which is how we discovered we were both quilters, and Margaret came over one day and taught me how to paper piece. I still have that first project, this preemie quilt backed with cozy purple flannel with yellow stars.



Though we are FB friends we haven't actually gotten together since then, though we keep "threatening". Of course we have had some good excuses; after me, she also battled breast cancer but is also now doing well.



Alex called while we were at dinner to see if we could pick him up at the airport Sunday evening; turns out he's coming home for his birthday (Monday) and can catch up to the tour on Tuesday in Mesa. It's also possible Aja will be able to pick him up (her work schedule changes) in which case we might not even see him?




Not sure what's on the agenda for me (no doubt the pool needs some serious attention after yesterday's wind) but if it turns out to be anything exciting (and even if it doesn't...) no doubt you'll read all about it in my next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment