Saturday, October 3, 2015

During my workout at the gym yesterday Jim put me on the glute machine.  I was understandably a little apprehensive, but he set it at a low weight and I only did one set.  The good news is that I didn't have any issues, which would indicate that the torn tendon has healed nicely.  I actually have been starting out with low weights and limited sets on all the machines, and I have not been experiencing soreness.  No doubt that could change as we up the weights and repetitions... but



Alex and Aja joined us for dinner last night at Touch of Thai.  It was a pleasant outing and good to spend some time with them.  Alex had been Jones-ing for one of their soups, so we ordered a large to share and all of us really enjoyed it. I ordered my meal mild, though did taste a little of Aja's medium which had quite a bite to it.  Alex scooped one tiny piece of spice from the jar on the table - and after he downed it we got to watch his face redden and drip with sweat. 



Irrigation went off without a hitch last night, though we didn't seem to get quite as much flow.  Still, things got a solid drink, and the forecast is that the worst of our summer heat is behind us.  With a little luck we are done with the triple-digit temps.



I have been very good this week and turned down a number of invites from friends to join them when they were heading out to the quilt store in Goodyear which is closing its doors today.  I need to get rid of fabric, not buy more - even though that store has wonderful fabric and of course slashed prices. Hope everyone is proud of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment