Saturday, October 10, 2015

At the doctor on Thursday afternoon I needed to refill a couple of Rx, so she had their lab do a blood draw. I had brought the order from the oncologist (I have my regular follow-up with her next week) and they were able to draw for that also, saving me a trip. 

That evening Garry and Dave treated us to dinner at Valle Luna before they blasted off Friday morning.  Their plans had changed, and instead of riding their dirt bikes back to Ottowa (they had finished the dirt bike trail across the country and would be 'stuck' on the highways) they rented a truck.  Their long schlep home will be much more comfortable - and warmer!

I stayed up well past my bedtime Thursday and finished Hiding in Hibbing. Quite enjoyable, nice and light and perfect after the last heavy book.

Friday was leg day at the gym.  During my cardio warm up I added 5 minutes on the rowing machine, 5 on the elliptical, and 3 <g> on the stairmaster.  I don't seem sore this morning, though Jim said it might not kick in until tomorrow.  The quad machine still gives me the most burn, and I may never get to like it.  The really good news is that I did 2 sets on the glute machine without any discomfort.  At some point I will stop getting nervous about that one!

In the afternoon I took some Tylenol for a headache (not enough sleep?) and took a very short cat nap during the 4:00 news - until Alex called. Long story short - he needed me to go over to the guest house and look in  'one of the boxes' (piled along one wall, stacked to the ceiling) for a key.  He said he knew exactly which box it was in (a light one, on top) and he was right. I called Shelley to see if she was going to be at Bunko that night (she was) so that made the transfer easy; she'll get the key to Ruby today.

Small group at Bunco, only 2 tables, but we had our usual fun. And I got to meet Peaches, who will be our new neighbor. She and her husband bought Helene's house (back in December!) and are still fixing it up before they move in.  With only 9 folks playing Left Right Center afterward the pot was only $27 - but I didn't mind winning!

Up early this morning, and still have my headache.  Don't get them often, but seems that when I do they hang on for two or three days.  Happily Tylenol works to keep them at bay.

Colleen is picking me up at 8:30 and we're off to Payson for the quilt show.  That show is not as large as some, but always nice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment