Thursday, October 22, 2015

My thumb joint has started talking to me again, though the good news is that my last cortisone shot was in December of '14, which means my relief lasted about 10 months.  Yesterday (details below) sort of tipped me over the edge to make an appointment for another shot.  Unfortunately the first opening with that doctor isn't until November 2 (and quite early in the morning), but I took it since it's preferable to waiting for his next opening, which is not until November 12.  


Despite having to give all of my medical insurance info to the podiatrist's office over the phone when I made the appointment, and then handing over my cards once in the office yesterday (where they made copies), I still had to fill out lengthy forms with all that information - which definitely did not make my thumb happy.



In addition, the final form in the packet to be signed out said something to the effect that they didn't take my insurance so I would be responsible for all "out of network" charges.  Before I would sign it I asked why they didn't tell me this when I made the appointment, and the guy at the front desk was very short with me, saying "that form is in everyone's packet."  Further questioning confirmed that they do, in fact, take my insurance (and I did not sign the form) but he was really snippy about it.


At least I really liked the med student and the doctor, 
though my initial feelings checking in were not at all positive.  


No comments:

Post a Comment