Monday, October 19, 2015

Sunday I took care of some phone calls.  Tracy and I were on the phone a LONG time (I still can't believe the timer on my cellphone); it was the first chance we'd really talked since Betty's death.  I also caught up with Carol (she had called on Saturday just as Wanda was pulling into the driveway to pick me up.)



It stormed again in the afternoon, with lots of wind and rain...and then we got quite a hailstorm!  From friends' posts on FB it appeared to be fairly widespread, though I missed the news last night so I'm not really sure what other parts of the Valley got hit.  I've added at least one thing to today's agenda: clean the pool (again....)



Aja (and Alex) let us know that she would be able to pick up Alex at the airport yesterday (her work schedule is always in flux), freeing up Tom to grill chicken.  The flight, originally scheduled to arrive at 6:15, kept getting more and more delayed - no doubt in large part due to the storms there and here.  They didn't arrive at the house until 9:00 so we ended up dining fashionably late.  




Today is Alex's 23rd birthday!


His plan is to spend it at the lake with Aja and friends.  I invited them to go out to dinner tonight to celebrate (before they go out partying with friends?), but he said after a day of heavy drinking at the lake he won't feel like going out to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment