Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Yesterday the quilt store in Goodyear did not have any fabric I could use for my backing, and the woman "helping" me was absolutely useless; she had NO clue what Southwest fabric, or even bright child fabrics, are.  It was beyond incredible.



On the plus side, the chiropractor was able undo the 'damage' done since I had to relocate Pokey out of the garage 3 times in 2 days.  And after he heard the reason why I was having to manhandle her, he had a pretty good idea how to correct the problem with that door. So when Alex came home yesterday afternoon and I told him about it, he was able to fix the door in about 5 minutes.  Only time will tell if it can hold up to Pokey's strength, but it's definitely a major improvement over the way it was.



I did stop in at The Other Quilt Store on my way home yesterday afternoon (they opened back up Tuesday after last week's flooding) to see how things are.  While many bolts of fabric were ruined, luckily no quilts were damaged!  



I'd hoped Sherri might have some fabric I could use for my backing, 
but no such luck.  Guess I'll be looking on-line later.



This morning I woke up to a wet world, although I never did hear any rain last night.  Now I'm off to Foothills, but maybe this afternoon I can get a little weeding done.

No comments:

Post a Comment