Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Today was my appointment at the dermatologist; I've had a sore/scab in the fold of my ear that hasn't healed for months. I had expected to have it biopsied today, but even though I told them why I was coming in when I made the original appointment, apparently they always require a separate appointment to do the biopsy.  Of course I wouldn't be able to swim until it heals, so we decided I should schedule the procedure for after our July vacation to the hot springs.  And then it dawned on me that instead of paying a couple of hundred dollars in mid-August, I should just wait a few more weeks until I start on Medicare in September! She said there was no hurry - it doesn't look like skin cancer - though of course since it hasn't healed in many months it does need to be checked " just in case".  Anyway that will happen on September 10th.

On the way home I made a quick stop at Walmart and also 'next door' at Sprouts (to pick up some salmon for dinner tonight as a send-off for Alex) before heading home to fix his black pants (again) and hawk the mailbox, hoping his check would (finally) arrive in today's mail.  It didn't.



No comments:

Post a Comment