Sunday, June 21, 2015

Last summer, the 'other' Doug at the hot springs asked if I had any old pix of the kiddie pool, especially when the fountain was spraying; he wanted some for the OLT newsletter.  Somehow I never got around to going through the kids' old picture albums and scanning in those pix, but thought it might be a good idea before we head up there next month.  So this morning I looked through the albums and found a dozen or so from the early 90s.   Here are just a few of the ones I sent Doug.

July 1992 


July 1993

July 1994

July 1994

August 1996


After Perri helped me with the next step on my socks this morning we made a trip over to 35th Ave.  Today is the first day that the Row By Row patterns are available, and of course we needed to get ours.  By then it was time to eat, and Wanda met us as Las Gloria's, a wonderful Mexican restaurant near Perri's house. Over a yummy lunch we decided that when we finished eating we should make a trip over to Quiltz and pick up their pattern... so we did!  The rest of the afternoon, back at Perri's, I made great progress on my sock. As you can see I've turned the heel and am now heading down toward the toe.  I should have no trouble finishing up the next part; the real issue is finding time that works for both of us this week to get together to finish it off.


I asked to see some of the socks she's made - and must say that hers look PERFECT (unlike mine.)  Though I must admit that I am pleased with how this first sock is turning out, and do expect to get better with each one.



Also saw this outrageously adorable scissors case she beaded!



No comments:

Post a Comment