Tuesday, June 16, 2015

This morning I finished mowing the backyard and then made a dent in trimming the very overgrown hedge before it was time to shower and head to the dentist, where I had a good news/bad news visit.  


The good news is that I have been doing a good job of brushing/flossing, so that their new camera that takes before/after pix at cleaning visits really didn't show much difference.  The bad news is that (almost 3 years later) the tooth that I knocked loose when I fell on my face has healed as much as it's ever going to.  Tapping on that tooth (and several adjoining teeth, which were also impacted by the incident) results in some discomfort.  Should that turn into true pain down the road we could be talking the dreaded RC words!



Then I dropped off some things Carol needs (her assisted living facility is quite close to the dentist) until Alex called to say he was done having his car serviced and heading back home.  Since dinner together hadn't worked out last night we decided to rendezvous for a late lunch today.  Amazingly he couldn't quite finish his chicken Parmesan sandwich at the Wildflower (and I couldn't finish my turkey Waldorf salad), though we both were able to 'choke down' the chocolate cake I'd gotten to share for dessert.


Back home Alex helped me out by trimming some of the tall spots on the hedge that I couldn't reach, and I worked some more on my sock until Jan and her granddaughters arrived to visit Pokey (and admire some of my quilts.) Sure wish I had even a fraction of 4-year-old Macey's energy because after I make a run to the library to pickup a book that's come in I plan to do more hedge trimming in the cool (?!) of the evening. 



Despite deleting and re-adding the Phoenix weather icon on my desktop, it continues to say it's 61 degrees here - although it is still over 100 out.  

 ???


It only <g> reached 111 today, but according to the forecast it's going to be 114 or 115 for the next 3 days, with a (slight) 'cool down' for the weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment