Wednesday, June 24, 2015

So it wasn't quite the relaxing evening yesterday that I had envisioned.  A little before 5:00 Carol called; her medical issues have only gotten worse (AND she hasn't seen a doctor since Mindy moved her into the "assisted" living facility a month ago!) Carol couldn't read the phone number on her card (and doesn't it say volumes that she could not find anyone there to do that for her?)  


So of course I headed right on over, but though it's only 8 miles away (true to Murphy's Law) it was 5:05 when I got there, and of course the doctor's office closed at 5:00.  Next I tried to find "someone" in charge there, but (again, no surprise) everyone who could possibly do something had left at 5:00.  


It's VERY frustrating (and scary) to see how depressed Carol is.  I've just gotten more and more pissed at the situation (and at Mindy - WHY ISN'T SHE PICKING UP THE PHONE AND ADVOCATING FOR HER MOTHER?!?!) I'm happy to say that by the time I left, around 6:30, some of that "pissed-off-edness" had rubbed off onto Carol and I'm hoping she will start standing up for herself more.


This morning I actually got into the pool (for the first time this season) to help Creepy; it would be nice to have the pool sparkling clean when Tom gets home later today.  But later, when I was cutting up the melons to take to Busy Bees later this morning, I turned on the TV to listen to the news; would you believe (of course you would) that we are going to get high winds and dust storms late this afternoon.  The rain, however, is not expected to reach this far south. 



This was our view from the drive-through right before a storm last year .




No comments:

Post a Comment