Friday, June 19, 2015

Mary and I finally connected (not easy, between our two schedules!) and lunched together. We popped over to the Wildflower (though today I ordered something different, for a change) and got our lunches as take-out to eat back here at the house.  Her hearing is worse than mine, and it's easier for her to hear without the background noise at a restaurant. 



Mary approved of my idea for the flip flop quilt, and that's what I worked on this afternoon (while I was watching/listening to another installment of The Roosevelts on PBS), and this evening (watching the documentary on reintroducing wolves into Yellowstone.)  Still needs to be quilted, of course, but I have until October to get that done.  Then it could be my entry for this year's challenge at Foothills, to make a quilt to celebrate a special day of the year.



As predicted, Alex's check arrived today - the day after he left.  I tried to deposit it via my iPad, but got a message that it was over the limit for deposits.  So I hopped in the car and drove to the bank (having to detour because the intersection of 43rd and Union Hills was closed due to a nasty-looking wreck.)  Luckily the bank was still open (since it was after 5:00 I was worried it might not be) and I was relieved to be able to deposit Alex's check; the limit applies only when making electronic deposits.



The other day on NPR I listened to a segment on the signing of the Magna Carta, and then saw this funny in the latest issue of Reader's Digest while waiting at the dermatologist's on Wednesday.    


That same RD issue was where I found these modern curses.  
Try not to laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment