Saturday, June 27, 2015

Perfect timing for my drive today - I arrived at the quilt store in Prescott Valley at 10:03, mere minutes after they opened.  I zoomed in to pick up their Row By Row pattern, which features a family of quail in the rain.


I like how they've used needles to simulate the rain.




And speaking of quail (I was, wasn't I), the store had gotten in the pattern for the wall-hanging I'd admired when I was there a couple of weeks ago, so I bought one.



Once I arrived in Prescott proper and found a parking spot (no easy feat!) I rendezvous-ed with Mary, who had scored us a spot up front with (intermittent) shade.  The music wasn't starting for a bit, so I had plenty of time to walk the block to the quilt store and pick up their pattern, which features frogs. 



 Even though the patterns are free, I was still required to check out at the register (where there was a woman ahead of me making a purchase.)  It took longer to wait for them to finish ringing her up than it had to walk the block there - but I did make it back to the square just as the music was starting.  Here's a picture from last year, when the Sonoran Dogs were on stage.


  Mary and I spent a very pleasant and relaxing day listening to the music, though it was unusually warm for Prescott.  So I was really glad I had brought a lightweight sarong to keep the sun off of me; I kept wetting it down and it provided cooling relief from the heat.


I knew there was a dust advisory for today (from 3:00-8:00) so I left around 3:00 when Mary did.  But so far there doesn't seem to be any weather building, at least not in our part of the valley.



Lisa called, and will sleep here after she visits with Bailey tonight.  Not sure how long she'll be here since at some point tomorrow she flies back to California.



I also looked on-line for the Fishing At Sunset block that arrived yesterday from Illinois (thank you, Rich!), and it turns out I actually do have everything I need.  Sure would have helped if the pattern had included a picture (like all the other Row By Row patterns I've collected.)


No comments:

Post a Comment