Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Just for the record, the post office has nothing on the Social Security offices... 


I showed up today for my 1:00 appointment, and was called up to the window on time (ahead of other folks who must have been walk-ins.)  But as soon as the guy found out that I was there to apply for my retirement benefits, he seemed confused.  Apparently he doesn't do that, and (despite the fact that Shari knew exactly what I needed to take care of when she made the appointment yesterday) it seems that I would have to go back and sit down until "somebody" was available to help me.


Eventually Mrs. Davis called me to her window, and a zillion questions later it would seem that I'm on the way to getting signed up.  If this was in a movie no one would believe it!



Next stop was Wal-Mart (right across the street) to exchange some shorts that were the wrong size.  I was happy to hear that I could leave the bag with the greeter, go get the right size to exchange, and avoid waiting in the customer service line.  Except that the size I needed wasn't on the rack, so I did have to stand in line for a refund.  And when the clerk was ready for the woman in line ahead of me, that woman was busy with her kids at the coin machine - but even after calling her twice the clerk would not let me come up to the counter. 



Then I went next door to Sprouts to pick up a few things for dinner, and when I was leaving the store a woman walking in managed to stab me in the arm with her keys as she walked by (although at least she did apologize.)



I'm glad to be home where I can be cranky in peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment