Sunday, June 14, 2015

With the real summer heat (110 or above) arriving Tuesday, and the yard desperately overgrown, I figured it was time to get out front and mow.  Between our warm temps (and the fact that the front yard did not get its full complement of water Friday evening) it was not muddy in the least.  In between emptying each bagful I took 'breaks' and trimmed all the bushes and plants out front, so now it no longer looks pathetically neglected out there.  Although I came in the house repeatedly to hydrate, by the time I finished at the stroke of noon my face was 'a tad' flushed, though I'm not feeling in any danger of having a stroke.  Still, it sure feels good to sit down inside, where it's cool!

I also cooked up a double batch of hummingbird food this morning; their favorite feeder emptied out a few days ago, and the one by my computer window was down to the dregs last evening.  This morning the little guys would check it out, then hover right in front of me, obviously telling me I was falling down on the job!



Now that I seem to have stopped sweating it's time to take a shower, then head over to drop off some stuff for Carol.  I had planned to do that Friday afternoon - except that I ended up taking a nap!  

No comments:

Post a Comment