Monday, June 15, 2015

I never could get Carol on the phone yesterday, so I decided not to go over.  Instead, I whipped up another Zippy Strippy bag for Alex to take on the road with him since he loved the medium-sized one I made for him.  But this time I made the large size (about 9x12), hoping it will hold everything that he would need in his dop kit.




I got him to come over last night (after he and friends returned from a day of fun in the sun outside of Sedona) "for a surprise" - and he loved it!  (And his friends seemed to enjoy seeing some of my quilts.)  Now if Alex's check from the All Time Low tour would just arrive before he heads to EDC on Thursday he'd be a really happy camper!



After I finished up the bag yesterday I started in on the backing for my scrap lizard quilt.  (That's it, peeking out from behind the top.)  I'm pretty sure it's now long enough to make Ruby happy, though still needs a little bit in the width - and that could happen later today.



In a bit I'm off to Perri's; she's going to teach me how to knit socks.  My original plan was to get started and whip out the first 6 inches of ribbing so I'd be ready for her to help me with the complicated part of the directions.  But I've never worked with round needles before, and for the life of me (even after watching a tutorial on-line) I could not figure out how to join the two ends to turn it into a tube after I finished up the first row.


I called Perri, hoping she could talk me through it over the phone; that's when she said that's the hardest part of the whole procedure, and was not at all surprised by my confusion.  She'll help me with that when I get over there today. So much for Plan A.





No comments:

Post a Comment