Thursday, April 30, 2015

Wednesday night, our anniversary, we went out to dinner at Carrabba's.  I ordered my usual, the talapia nocciola. But when it came, it looked totally different.  Which turned out to be because it wasn't what I ordered.  It went back to the kitchen, and I got to watch Tom eat while they redid mine.  Of course I'd already had some (okay, a bunch) of the yummy bread, and a Caesar salad, so I wasn't going to starve.  Dinner, when it did arrive, was delicious (as usual), and because of the mix-up they comped my meal.

That evening we watched the PBS show I had taped Tuesday, about the fall of Saigon 40 years ago.  Very powerful, moving, and well-presented.

I had my alarm set for 4:00 this morning, but actually woke up on my own ten minutes before it went off.  Tom was already up and drinking his coffee (it takes him longer to spark in the morning) and we arrived at the airport right on schedule, at 5:00.  Unfortunately my breakfast, an unopened sealed yogurt, was confiscated at security because it was over 3 ounces.  My scissors, however, made it through.

It was an uneventful flight (though turbulent toward the end) and my luggage made the same trip I did. Sandy was there to pick me up, and once at the house I got a very warm welcome from Pippa.  She's as adorable, and sweet, as everyone said.

Andy made it home at a reasonable hour, probably because he was warned that the protestors were heading to the State Attorney's office... and her office just happens to be in the same building in Baltimore as Andy's office.  He thought it prudent to leave before they appeared.




No comments:

Post a Comment